- This event has passed.
Hear real life experiences and perspectives from two family business leaders – both successes and failures – in normal times and in these not so normal times.
- Steve Essig is the G3 President of Essig Plumbing & Heating, Reading, PA. A member of our Learning Community since 2011, he is a long-time leader and coach in Nexstar, a premier best practice association. Steve also chairs our Peer Group for Presidents of Family Firms and is a member of our DVFBC Family Business Advisory Team.
- Sarah St. John is a G5 Vice President of Fisher & Son, Exton, PA. In 2015, she became the operations manager, leading a team of 15 and fine-tuning warehouse and inventory management. At age 29, Sarah acquired 50% ownership and assumed the role of Vice President. Due to Sarah’s track record, she was recently featured as a Next-Gen to Watch! in Family Business Magazine. Sarah is a member of our Women’s Peer Group.
We will discuss questions like:
- What are the emotional and mental blockages that prevent us from leading whole-heartedly?
- What are some tools and skills we can practice that help us get unstuck, gain awareness, and move forward internally so we can communicate with our family, management, and shareholders with clarity?
- How do we get in our own way?
To leverage your learning, read this year’s theme book we sent you – Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life by Susan David. This has been a helpful resource in our Leadership Lab group meetings, 1:1s, and client meetings.
Relevant for all generations of your family, your management and ownership teams!