- This event has passed.
Family businesses avoid many important topics because we are afraid the conversation will lead to too much hurt and pain and fray the family fabric. Not addressing these issues leads to unintended consequences that harm the family and the business.
As our 2019 theme attests, we believe it’s important to have these crucial conversations in the right way and at the right time. At our October 16 Best Practice Event, we will focus on some of these common disputes and how to talk about them. We will consider:
- How do you make estate planning decisions about who gets what when some children work in the business and others do not?
- Who gets to make what business decisions in when you are in the middle of a transition?
- Are pre-nups important for a family business and how do we talk about them?
Using real stories of real families, we, along with experts from Fox Rothschild, will share both relational and technical tools you can use to navigate these important, sensitive, yet unavoidable challenges.
- Best practices for bringing up pre-nuptials with family members.
- Ways to be fair to your children without being equal in your estate planning process.
- Key documents you might need to clarify expectations in the business.
- Important communication tools to help avoid resentment and hurt in the process.
Join on October 16th!