- This event has passed.
2020 has brought unprecedented defining moments for leaders. We face global issues – COVID pandemic, economic upheaval, political polarization, racial tension, troubling weather, and turbulent social media. And pressures closer to home – closing and downsizing business, children learning at home while parents work from home, and loss of jobs/income.
This reality requires clear-headed leadership which both collaborates and directs with clarity and confidence. Traditional management practices fade as resilience and necessity join hands to embrace new ways of being together at work and at home.
Join us as Sally Derstine facilitates the sharing of genuine struggles and learnings from two family business leaders and long-term members of our Learning Community who have demonstrated emotional courage, clear communication, thoughtful action, and the capacity to adapt and innovate.
- Ed Forst, G2 Chief Executive Officer and President of Lincoln Investment, Fort Washington, PA
- Jim Smucker, G4 President of Keim Lumber, Charm, OH
Ed and Jim will share their experiences of necessary adjustments and decisions related to their teams, their customers, daily operations, strategic direction, and beyond. And we will together consider what we can’t learn in a textbook:
- What are the principles, practices, and failures that lead to effective innovation in customer service, communication, strategy, and team building in our COVID world?
- What are the inside moves of leadership which build confidence, curiosity, clarity on the outside and throughout the organization?
- How do we get in our own way?
While there are so many factors out of our control, Ed and Jim will focus on areas that you can control and positively affect as we all move forward with new realities.
We will have a time of Q&A at the end so please bring your questions!