We’re thrilled to launch our 2022 Forum with a Dinner Meeting on Thursday evening, March 24, at the Adventure Aquarium! Chris Herschend, G3 Board Chair for Herschend Family Entertainment will return to share with our Learning Community, as well as Paige Craft Herschend, G4 married-in board member of the family’s “giving business,” The Neighbor Company.
For more than half a century, Herschend Enterprises has been committed to its mission of Creating Memories Worth Repeating® They are dedicated to serving others and to creating and sustaining welcoming destinations where every guest leaves with a smile and a deeper connection with each other.
Herschend is the largest family-owned themed attractions corporation in North America. Their team of more than 10,000 employees creates, develops and operates entertainment, tourism and hospitality properties that spans 23 locations in 6 states.
They began in 1950 by providing tours of Marvel Cave, a roadside attraction outside Branson, MO, and today some of their family experiences you may recognize include Adventure Aquarium, in Camden, NJ, Dollywood, in Tennessee, the Harlem Globetrotters, Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO and Vancouver Aquarium. We will enjoy dining in the Aquarium’s Currents Ballroom with other business families as well as the sharks as they swim in their tank! Bring your spouse, children over 16, and key executives to hear Chris and Paige share with us:
- how they structure, grow capacity in, and communicate their 5 MOUNTAINS so their values, vision and mission are stewarded into future generations.
- their company’s Lead with Love Foundational Principles and practices.
- how they organize and use their family council, owners council, and their three boards (operating business, investing business, and giving business).
- how they encourage both independence and participation in family systems and governance.
- How they are developing their next generation of owners.
Paige Herschend has been a member of the Herschend family since 2007 when she married her husband Patrick Herschend. She holds a Doctorate of Nursing in Executive Leadership, and currently works as a Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City. Although she does not work in the family business, she serves on the board of the family’s philanthropic foundation, the Neighbor Company. She spends as much of her free time as possible with her husband and their two beautiful daughters.
2 Registrations per Member, additional attendees at $100 per person.