Most family business owners do not have a properly designed buy-sell agreement which puts both the family and the business in jeopardy. While buy-sells are created with the best of intentions, there are often many unintended consequences which lead to confusion, conflict and chaos for both the family and the business.
Learn potential pitfalls and real-life situations that could have been avoided if proper written buy-sell agreements were in place. This begins with crucial conversations and heart-to-heart agreements on key elements.
Join us to learn:
- Why do I/we need a buy-sell?
- What is a one-way buy sell?
- What issues/potential issues does a buy-sell address?
- What’s the difference between cross purchase, entity purchase
- What is the entity structure of the business you are trying to protect?
- LLC buy-sell structure
- Member managed vs independently managed
- How do we all get to an agreement and why is this so important?